Soo because I have the THINNEST hair probably ever, and I also highlight my hair (shock, gasp HORROR right? HA) I try not to wash it everyday. Close your ears if this grosses you out, but it's just a fact. Now don't get crazy I still shower everyday I just don't wash my hair, just to put a stop to THAT rumor mill. So anyways, I try and take it easy on the poor hairs and let them just chill out every other day. SO, day 2 if you will, I usually do some sort of updo sitch, just because let's face it, my hair isn't as full of volume as it was the day before AND it is easy and I can sleep in. BONUS.
I have gotten a lot of questions recently on the poof, and perhaps this weekend I will have my assistants (taking volunteers) help me make some videos! No promises chicas, I am gonna be poolside 99% of the time, but maybe just maybe they will come your way. I know you have heard that before right? ;) But anyways, I just wanted to show you this little ditty I threw together this morning, and also let you know how easy it is for you to also do!
I call it the messy side bun… thingy. For lack of a more professional term.
Sorry I don't have photos of the steps, I gotta get better at this tutorial shindig. But I only decided to post this on my lunch break, so let's just go with it chics!
- I start by doing a little braid in the front, and then pinning it.
- I POOF the hair into a side ponytail, either side works but I usually put it on the side with the braid. Leave some pieces down on the other side that you will use to twist back.
- Once pony tail is in place you can hairspray and make sure poof is to your liking.
- Take pieces of the pony tail and just start pinning up randomly to cover ponytail holder. Sometimes I will tease these and spray as I go to make them fuller, and less see through. (hear me my thin haired sistas?) Use a mirror, three way preferably, to make sure you are pinning how you want it.
- Take some of the little pieces you left down in the front and curl away from your face, and then brush and pin back randomly.
- Spray spray, and you are ready to run out the door!
The key is to not worry about perfection, I mean it is a messy fun look, just let your hair kinda do what it wants to do.
Now I know y'all are still like but WHAT about the poof?? Well here is a link to a video I did at one point, and towards the end you can see some of my poofing. But I PROMISE a better, POOF only tutorial in the near future. Key is...
TRESemme Tres two hair spray,
and plastic rollers (seen in video).
If you try this little look, send me pics please!!